Saturday, July 12, 2008

Thrift Store find of the week



Every week I will do another one of these posts, showing you a different item I have found at a thrift store that week.

This week I found something I LOVE to see in a thrift store. Collectible plates. I am a collector of these plates, so when I run across them I am always thrilled. This particular one is by Terry Redlin, a well known popular artist, and it is called "August Summertime". You could go to Cabelas or the Bradford exchange right now and pay up to $40.00 for this plate. I also make a habit of checking eBay for the items I have found (if you want to sell them...I will post my help with that at a later date..) to see how much they are going for. So, when I checked, one of these plates had a bid on it for $19.95, and another was on the auction for $40.00 with no bid. So, either way, if you want to keep this item for yourself or sell it, it is a great find. I paid $3.00 for it.

Finding this plate was a bit tricky, as it was underneath alot of dishes that weren't worth much at all. So ladies, start being a detective at these stores. Don't just look around at what you can SEE on the shelves, move stuff around, and you may hit the jackpot. Oh, and I found 2 of these plates at once. I just like the August one the best. And keep in mind that I DID NOT find the box and certification paper with these plates. If you choose to sell these plates, sometimes it is helpful to have both of these things. But I am going to keep mine, and it works out just fine for me at that price!!! Happy Shopping.

No comments: